Requests are to be made by ticking the required medications on the right hand side of your last prescription and then:
- Post the prescription in the request box situated on the counter at reception
- email to email@example.com
- Posting it to the Practice (if a SAE is enclosed prescription will be returned to you)
- Order repeat prescriptions via online services (registration required)
- Faxing to the surgery on 0151 608 2079
Note: To prevent errors and clinical safety reasons repeat requests are not routinely taken over the phone.
It is important to ensure that you have a continuous supply of medication; therefore all requests should be made a few days in advance.
Routine repeat prescriptions require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
Urgent prescriptions will be issued on the same day at the discretion of the doctors.
Electronic Prescription Service
We operate the Electronic Prescription Service which means you no longer need to visit your GP to pick up your repeat prescriptions; your GP will send it electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. You will need to nominate a place for your GP to send your prescriptions, i.e. pharmacy, or a dispensing contractor (if you use one).
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.